Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Rock 'n' Roll 10k - New York

Last weekend I took a trip to NYC to visit my best friend Stefanie. She recently moved there to go to graduate school at Columbia University. She's a runner, and so I signed us up for the Rock 'n' Roll 10k in Prospect Park, Brooklyn.

Race day was INCREDIBLE. Woke up at 5am, had a bagel and banana, an hour subway ride to Brooklyn, and started shedding layers at the start. (It was about 45 degrees outside.)

As soon as the race started, it automatically wasn't so cold anymore. This was the first race I've done that I was completely comfortable at race pace and ABLE to actually run (with out taking a break) the entire course. The first 5k went by like it was nothing, and I picked it up after the halfway point. My playlist I made the night before definitely played a big part. Not to mention how happy I was to be running in New York, and Prospect Park was SO beautiful. I felt so strong the entire run. The last 300m I sprinted to the finish line to try and beat the clock. I finished strong, which is something I had trouble doing the last 10k (and 5k).

Overall, this was the best race I've had since HIGH SCHOOL. It's definitely the happiest I've been in a while; running that race.

The Rock 'n' Roll crew were AMAZING. Extremely organized, and very helpful. They did a great job with the set up and with the vendors.

Check out their race series! I highly recommend it. http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/new-york





No comments:

Post a Comment