Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year!!

I can't believe its 2013 already!! Last year really flew by. Quick update on whats going on lately - I graduated from UNCG (hooray!), moved back home to Charlotte, and got a job serving at Rooster's in South Park (Charlotte). I've been CRAZY busy learning/training at this new job...

However! I've GOT to pick back up my running! The Disney Princess Half-Marathon is NEXT month !! AH!!

The past two days I've gone to the gym and got on the treadmill but...meh...treadmills just don't do it for me. They bore me. 

TODAY, however, I went out and ran just 2 miles at about a 9:30/mi pace ... and it felt AMAZING! It wasn't really too cold out, and it was so relaxing and felt great to get back out there. 

My best friend Stefanie (who now lives in NYC) asked me to run the Marine Corps MARATHON with her... oh my lord... I'm honestly considering it...

  1. I'll be living in NYC in May (so we can start training together)
  2. 10 months seems like a pretty good length of time to train for a Marathon...right?
  3. I always love a challenge ;)
I'm not sure on it yet though...It's definitely something to think about.

I've ALSO been doing a million times better with my diet/eating better/habits since I've moved home. I FEEL better....having a healthy meal plan REALLY helps. (I'll start posting some of the food ideas I have been eating under the Nutrition part of my blog soon!)

I'm excited to get back into the swing of things! Here's to 2013 :)



No comments:

Post a Comment