Monday, November 12, 2012

Disney's WINE & DINE HALF MARATHON!

If you can dream it, you can do it - Walt Disney


I DID IT!!! I did the runDisney Wine & Dine Half Marathon!! It was the most incredible feeling ever crossing the finish line. I ran it in 2:40:21 with a 12:14/mile pace. I know it's not the best time ever, but I ran the ALL 13.1 miles!

The first 6-8 miles were a breeze! I was honestly shocked at how comfortable I was through the first 8 miles. When I finally got to mile 10, I was getting tired. The girl above (Alicia) was someone I met in line waiting for the race to start. If it wasn't for her, I probably would have started walking but she kept me going - kept me up with my pace and hers, and was great company. I love this girl!

The course was GORGEOUS! We ran through Hollywood Studios, The Animal Kingdom, ect. They had characters along the course and light up things - it was  really really well done. 

We stayed at the All Star Sports Hotel (one of the host hotels) and they had buses going to and from the Expo, the race itself, and all the parks. It was INCREDIBLY helpful and convenient. Definitely worth staying in a host hotel.

The rest of the disney trip with my family was great too. We got to see the Magic Kingdom decorated for Christmas and ride Space Mountain :) 

Here's a bunch of pictures - better ones will come when I buy them from brightroom. OH! Brightroom did an AWESOME job. There's even videos of me crossing the finish line !! :)

I also signed up for the runDisney PRINCESS HALF MARATHON in February!! I can't waittttt !! :)  















No comments:

Post a Comment